Sun Contract Ltd
Sun Contract Ltd
Sun Contract Ltd
Sun Contract Ltd

Fishing Licenses For Fishing Vessels

We can provide International Fishing Licenses from the Republic of Panama and Belize for fishing vessels (trawlers)


The registration of fishing vessels is additionally subject to the provisions of the High Seas Fishing Act, 2003. The requirements include the completion of an Application form for a License to Fish on the High Seas as well as the installation of a Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) utilizing INMARSAT C or INMARSAT Mini C or INMARSAT D+. 

Fishing vessels which land their catch at ports of member States of the European Union are required to pass a special sanitary inspection in compliance with the relevant EU/EC Directives. Fishing vessels are also subject to the international and regional regulations applicable to the area of fishing which are implemented by Regional Fisheries Management Organizations (RFMOs) such as ICCAT, as well as by bilateral or multilateral agreements for the protection of certain areas or endangered marine species. 

Currently, Belize is:

• Contracting Party of the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT).

• Contracting Party of the Indian Ocean Tuna Commission (IOTC).

• Cooperating Non-Contracting Party of the Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission (IATC). It will become a Contracting Party latest by when the IATTC “Antigua Convention” comes into force which is expected to be in 2009.

• Cooperating Non-Contracting Party of North East Atlntic Fisheries Commissions (NEAFC). All Belize registered vessels which are licensed to target tuna or tuna-like species in the Convention areas of the above mentioned Commissions are listed in their respective Regional Vessel Registers.

Belize has also submitted its application for Cooperating non-Member Status of the Western & Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC). Our Application will be considered at its 4th Regular Session which will be held in December 2007. In the meantime, our fishing vessels which are operating in the WCPFC Convention Area are allowed to continue fishing there.


Documents involved to obtain the International License from ARAP’s offices is the following:

a. Power of Attorney in our favour authorizing our firm to obtain the IFL, duly legalized by the Panamanian consulate of by means of the appostille.

b. Details for carrying capacity or holding of aquatic resources.

c. Certified true copy of Contract for Installation of the Satellite Tracking System (VMS).

d. Geographical location of ports where the transship or landing will take place.

e. Three (3) updated pictures indifferent angles of the ship, including one (1) reflecting its name.

f. Application form to be able to identify vessel’s signal, duly completed by Providers..

g. Additionally, operator/owners should request Providers of the VMS Satellite Service to send to the Fisheries 

Department (email address the DNID and Member numbers assigned to the equipment. Note: Please be advised that the DNID and Member numbers assigned to the equipment isa crucial information, in order that the Fishing License of the vessel be approved and issued.

We are at your disposal for providing the service in both jurisdictions and are awaiting your kind inquiries in this matter.